Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gives direction to crew on responsibilities and expectations.
- Lead and demonstrates safe work conditions and safe working practices
- Leads the safety meetings and completes the daily Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Builds, erects and aligns forms for various concrete structures and foundations.
- Estimates concrete quantities, appropriate mixes of sand and cement if concrete is hand mixed.
- Must be able to build Forms (carpenter work)
- Performs duties of cutting and placing reinforcing wire mesh, tie rebar, preparing appropriate sand and cement mixtures and placing, pouring and rough leveling of concrete.
- Fine finishes concrete by floating, toweling, edging and brushing in accordance with specifications.
- Interprets blueprints and reads survey stakes to establish correct grades.
- Utilizes hand tools and non-complex small power tools and performs minor maintenance as required.
- Operate Equipment (bobcat, excavator work, etc)
- Maintains administrative reports (i.e., safety, time sheets, etc.)
- Performs other related duties as required
Skills and Specifications:
- Considerable knowledge of the standard methods, materials, tools and equipment used in concrete construction and maintenance.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to the work.
- Ability to give and execute oral and written instructions.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and make simple calculations in order to read survey stakes and calculate areas and volumes.
- Ability to instruct and direct the work of unskilled and semi-skilled assistants.
- Ability to maintain simple accurate records.
- Skill in the use and care of hand and small power tools associated with the work.
- Willing to travel as needed (typically less than 40%)
Education and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience Industrial or General Contracting Cement Work
- 2+ years as a crew leader / foreman
- Have clean Valid Driver License
- Be able to pass a drug test and background check
- Perform tasks involving physical labor at building, construction project including concrete, framing, excavation, tile, cabinetry, painting, drywall, plumbing, HVAC, and demolition
- Operate hand and power tools of all kinds including drills, air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, etc.
- Clean and prepare sites
- Assist other skilled workers
- Must have CONSTRUCTION LABOR EXPERIENCE
- Pass drug screening and background check
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Good communication skills
- 10 HOURS OSHA preferred
- CDL a plus
- Must be able to set forms to line and level, read and understand plans
- Work with survey crew to set stringline for paving, curb, and gutter
- Construct forms for the placement of concrete and structures
- Checks forms while concrete is being placed
- Assist and direct others in stripping forms after concrete is placed
- Install miscellaneous materials in erecting concrete structures
- Install pre-cast concrete elements
- Prepare for slip-forming traffic rails and median barriers
- Install permanent metal deck forms
- Work with hand tools and power tools
- Other unlisted duties will be required
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred but not required
- Ability to communicate in English via verbal and written communications
- Move throughout a construction job site which includes minor obstacles including climbing ladders and inclines, operating heavy equipment, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Heavy physical activity performing strenuous day activities of a primarily productive/technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- Work outdoors with exposure to changing weather conditions such as rain, sun, snow, and wind